Saturday, September 13, 2008

86th Annual Meeting of the German Mineralogical Society

Reactions:  
Tomorrow, sunday 14th, is the opening ceremony of the 86th Annual Meeting of the German Mineralogical Society (DMG). Three days of symposias ranging from education and outreach over ore deposits to the preservation of monuments will offer a wide range of interesting activites. My fellow German Geoblogger Lutz will be presenting a poster on this meeting which was reason enough for me to spontaneously register and have my very first meeting ever! It will be a nice practise before attending the big congress in Lima at the end of this month. I will focus myself on visiting the ore deposits symposia which seems to offer some interesting presentations about MVT deposits in Germany and hydrothermal vein deposits.

No comments :